Higher Ed Web Consultant
10 Years As Web Manager In A Major University
Higher education is a niche industry for digital professionals, and I am glad to have the experience I do working inside a major institution for 10 years. In that time, I've led 5 large-scale redesign projects, trained marketing teams and faculty subject matter experts on website best practices, and advised upper administration on setting proper expectations for upcoming capital projects. With my higher ed web expertise, a college of any size can accomplish some of these high level organizational goals:
- Reconnect and engage students and alumni whether its with well-formed public information and an interactive calendar, or a protected web portal where they can login and enjoy some exclusive features built specially for them.
- Increase program applications with engaging web content and strong calls to action that entice prospective students towards submitting an application to academic programs.
- Fundraise for campus projects with a custom minisite that informs and promotes your vision for a better student experience.
- A higher ed website audit could be the right place to start, giving your team a clear list of recommendations based on your existing website.
- Higher ed SEO puts high value keywords into your web content to attract students who are most likely to matriculate.
- Training workshops, usability studies for marketing professionals and faculty are a great way to invite stakeholders into the conversation and give them a voice to help identify the most needed areas of improvement.
- Get a free 30-minute consultation to see if I can support your higher ed goals with my expertise of online services.
Get Started With Higher-ed-web
You can keep reading up on the how and why, but doing so won't get your project moving forward. So let's get started - you can setup a 30 minute consultation with me at no cost, and we can discuss your needs to see if Shopify is right for you.
The worst I can say is you're an idiot, get out of my office, but that's very improbable. Most likely, you're on the right track already and just need a little advice to find the next right step.